Looking for Program Insight? IEPEC has assembled a number of case study resources in one spot for your convenience. Please note, everyones situation is different, thus please use these for guidance only. If you know of other resources, please let us know and we will add them.
- How to Ensure that the Value of Energy Efficiency is Properly Accounted For
This paper, written by Synapse Energy Economics and commissioned by NHPC, provides a comprehensive review of a wide range of problems and inconsistencies in current cost-effectiveness test practices, and recommends a range of best practices to address them.
- The California Summary of Best Practices:
This study is managed by Pacific Gas and Electric Company under the auspices of the California Public Utility Commission in association with the California Energy Commission, San Diego Gas and Electric, Southern California Edison, and Southern California Gas Company.Executive Summaries of Best Practices Program Area Reports: Want the short version? Here are key findings of the Best Practices Program Area Reports. Individual Program Summary Profiles: These profiles provide information about each programs basic approach to program management, implementation, marketing, and evaluation. The profile also includes a list of sources and the program contact. http://www.eebestpractices.com/
- Best Practices Self-Benchmarking Tool:
Use this easy tool to identify in your own programs their strengths, areas of improvement needed, and strategies for improving them, based on the results of the Best Practices Study. Just download the Self-Benchmarking Spreadsheet and Instruction Sheet and you’ll have everything you need.
- 2008 Consortium for Energy Efficiency Guide to Program Evaluation Guides
- The National Action Plan for Energy Efficiency
This is a full set of resources for planning a program including searchable databases and case study program ideas. In particular, check on the Clean Energy tab and look for Rapid Deployment Energy Efficiency Toolkit. This site includes recorded programs and help lines.
- 2008 U.S. DOE EERE Evaluation Resource Documents
- 2007 NAPEE Model Energy Efficiency Program Impact Evaluation Guide
- 2006 California Energy Efficiency Evaluation Protocols
- 2004 The California Evaluation Framework
- 2007 US DOE Impact Evaluation Framework for Technology Deployment Programs
- Energy Efficiency Best Practices: What’s New?
This report summarizes findings from research on new program and technology approaches and related best practices, conducted as part of the second phase of a national best practices study of energy efficiency programs. Pacific Gas & Electric Company managed this study on behalf of the California Public Utilities Commission (CPUC).
- Survey of Energy Efficiency – EM&V – Guidelines & Protocols
This report documents a survey of energy-efficiency program evaluation, measurement and verification (EM&V) practices, primarily in the United States.
- ENERGY STAR® for New Homes Sponsor and Utility Partner
This Guide is intended to be a reference for sponsor partners to use when developing a new program or improving an existing program. It illustrates how different approaches have been applied by program sponsors across a variety of markets and conditions to promote their ENERGY STAR Homes programs and improve the performance of new homes across their target area. The three reference documents are: The Guide, Appendices, and Checklist
- Home Performance With ENERGY STAR®A Cost-Effective Strategy For Improving Efficiency In Existing Homes
- Home Performance With ENERGY STAR® Program Plan Template
- ACEEE report Compendium of Champions: Chronicling Exemplary Energy Efficiency Programs from Across the U.S.–The 2nd National Review and Recognition of Exemplary Energy Efficiency Programs
- ACEEE program summaries for natural gas energy efficiency programs and for low-income energy efficiency programs.